More FAQ’s Coming Soon
ASLM2021 is the fifth biennial international conference of the African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM). Endorsed by the African Union, ASLM is a pan‐African professional body working to advocate for the critical role and needs of laboratory medicine and networks throughout Africa.
Laboratory services, networks and systems are indispensable to effective health systems. Medical laboratories play a pivotal role in global disease diagnosis, surveillance, outbreak investigation, initiation and monitoring of therapy, as well as research and development. Medical laboratories in Africa are unfortunately underdeveloped and cannot meet the testing demands of rapidly growing health delivery services in the 21st century. Inadequate resources and diagnostic services compromise the quality of patient care due to misdiagnosis and consequent under/over treatment of disease which presents significant economic and public health challenges. Recognising the World Health Organization (WHO) Resolution AFR/RC58/R2 for strengthening public health laboratories in the African region and the 2008 Maputo Declaration on Strengthening of Laboratory Systems, ASLM addresses these challenges by working collaboratively with governments, local and international organisations, implementing partners, and the private sector to achieve the following goals by 2020:
- Strengthening laboratory workforce by training and certifying laboratory professionals and clinicians through standardised frameworks
- Transforming laboratory testing quality by enrolling laboratories in quality improvement programmes to achieve accreditation by international standards
- Developing strong, harmonised regulatory systems for diagnostic products as defined by the Global Harmonization Taskforce
- Building a network of national public health reference laboratories to improve early disease detection and collaborative research.
ASLM2021 aims to serve as a platform for the international laboratory medicine community to share best practices, acquire knowledge and debate innovative approaches for combatting global health threats.
Instructions to retrieve your membership number can be found here
The email address you signed up with is ASLM’s primary method of identifying you. This helps us avoid confusion between members who share the same name. If you no longer have access to the email address that you registered with, and you cannot remember your login password, you will need to re-register as an ASLM member and take note of your new credentials for future reference and to avoid re-registering in the future.
To Retrieve you ASLM Membership ID Number
- After you register for ASLM Membership registration here…
- Login to your ASLM member profile.
- After the new page loads, click your name in the top right corner (see sample below).
- After the new page loads you will see your Membership ID number near the top left of the screen (see sample below).
- Your Membership ID number helps ASLM identify your unique membership information and qualifies you to receive benefits like discounted conference registration fees.