Dr Trevor Peter
ASLM2021 Scientific Chair: Dr Trevor Peter
Dr. Trevor Peter was appointed as Board Chairman for the African Society for Laboratory Medicine in 2012. He is a leading proponent of the ASLM2020 Vision of “Improved Healthcare in Africa through Strengthened Laboratory Services”. Dr Peter has spent over 20 years in research and global health and has a long history of working to improve healthcare in Africa and elsewhere. He worked initially in Zimbabwe from 1991-1999 on a regional research programme studying the epidemiology of infectious disease. In 2000, he joined the Harvard School of Public Health and became laboratory director of the Botswana-Harvard School of Public Health Partnership HIV Reference Laboratory. In 2005, Dr. Peter joined the Clinton Foundation as a Lead Scientific Advisor and now is the Senior Director, Diagnostics Services at the Clinton Health Access Initiative. Dr. Peter has spent 10 years advising public health programmes on laboratory strengthening and scale-up across 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean. He has co-authored over 60 scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. He holds a PhD from the University of Florida and a Master in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health.
To Retrieve you ASLM Membership ID Number
- After you register for ASLM Membership registration here…
- Login to your ASLM member profile.
- After the new page loads, click your name in the top right corner (see sample below).
- After the new page loads you will see your Membership ID number near the top left of the screen (see sample below).
- Your Membership ID number helps ASLM identify your unique membership information and qualifies you to receive benefits like discounted conference registration fees.